Wednesday, February 8, 2012

About me


Hi, I’m Alex. I’m an expat. I love to read. And I have a baby. Hence, the title of this blog.


I’ve been living in Taiwan for about four years, and currently am calling Taipei “home.” I’m American. My husband is a dual citizen of Taiwan and America. Our son was born on June 2011 in Jubei. Also in Taiwan. We have two Singaporean cats, one of whom is showing our son the meaning of “no” as she shares her toys and bones with him. The other cat supervises all activities.

I’ve lived in many cities. Despite this, I am still a terrible packer.  Also, I have no sense of direction. As it is the second tallest building, Taipei 101 is now my compass. I use it like an old horseback rider uses the mountains to navigate. Yet, I still feel the need to leave a trail of crumbs to remember where I’ve been and how to get back.

For this blog, those “crumbs” will lead to many books and other materials for babies, toddlers, parents, those who read to them, and those who just love books. Though, this is a daunting and overwhelming task I will attempt to take on one book, one source, and one tool at a time while also learning about babies and toddlers. Please be patient with me and any ramblings. I’m a first time mother, blogger, and reviewer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment