Friday, April 6, 2012

First Picture Action Rhymes by Usborne

First Picture Action Rhymes

First Picture Action Rhymes
Usborne Pub Ltd
2006
16 pages
ISBN 0794512623
Ages 2 and up
http://www.usborne.com/catalogue/catalogue.aspx?cat=1&area=ey&subcat=eypib&id=5340

A "Practical Pre-school Gold Award" winner, this book will guide a caregiver/parent through songs/rhythms and uses clay-mation created figures to suggest hand actions that go along with the given rhythm. The book also illustrates the rhythms giving context to the catchy tunes. Because of these reasons, this book is a good basic rhythm book for both toddlers and the caregiver/ parent. 

I enjoyed this book because I am memory impaired. I can be visually reminded about songs and motion. It's nice to have a book because it becomes an early fun textbook for toddler rhymes, even though there are only a few. So, this book is helpful. And, children like it because it signals that it is time again for a rhythm session. The book includes eleven traditionally popular action rhythms and songs: 
One, Two, Three, Four, Five...
Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush
I'm a Little Teapot
Incy Wincy Spider
The Wheels on the Bus
Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Two Little Dicky Birds
If You're Happy and You Know It
 Round and Round the Garden
 Row, Row, Row Your Boat
 Five Little Monkeys
 Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear

These rhymes are great for early literacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment