可愛動物/ Baby Guess
幼福文化- Yow Fu Culture, Co., Ltd Taiwan
2010
10 pages
www.168books.com.tw
IBSN unavailable (sticker placement)
Ages 0-3
Picture book.
No official website.
A Chinese book that allows babies and toddlers to play and guess in a game of peek-a-boo.
Each page illustrates an animal holding its hands up over its face while asking the reader to guess who it is based on a hint. Some of the hints included are "I have big ears, like eating carrots and can hop far; or, I am black and white and like to eat bamboo; or, I have a long trunk and I am big, and so on." The child can then lift the feet/paws/hands down to reveal the animals smiling face and an introduction. "Hi/ ni hao! I'm a ---!" The child is introduced to habits, visual cues, greetings, and the great game of peek-a-boo.
The text of this book is written as if the animal is speaking which I thought is a nice change from an outsider authoritarian narrative. On a side note, I slightly curious if there is a larger impact of such little changes. Such as the child developing higher sensitivity to animals or an instinctual dialogue. This might be too out there. Nonetheless, it makes a cute book that is highly effective with young children that will become an early favorite.





No comments:
Post a Comment